Coronavirus update 28 February
The CLC Striders Committee has the health and wellbeing of club members at the forefront of all decisions in relation to training and club events. The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a pause to all training since December 2020.
However, this week we all received the welcome news about the reopening of the country on a phased approach and the Committee are delighted to be able to confirm that we intend to return to Monday and Wednesday club run training events from Monday 29 March 2021 - please do note however that this may change if government advice does.
From Monday 29 March 2021
- England Athletics have provided confirmation that affiliated athletics clubs such as ours can commence training in a Covid secure manner. They have set out some detailed guidance in this regard.
- Monday night social runs - Meet at 1830 at the entrance to the Honeybourne Line next to the CLC sports centre car park on Malvern Road. Attendees should run in small groups and maintain social distancing where possible.
- Wednesday night interval training - the sign up process for interval sessions will return with attendees asked to complete the attendance form on a weekly basis. This is so trainers can assign attendees into groups and ensure we maintain the rule of 6 and social distancing where possible.
- Friday night track training - the committee will work with the Prince of Wales Stadium to determine when this can recommence.
- The commmittee hope the return to training will enable members to enjoy their running and push themselves whilst enabling the club to welcome new runners to join in with our fantastic activities.
No earlier than 21 June 2021
- It is anticipated that training can return to normal if the legal limits on social contact are removed.
The Committee has received regular updates from England Athletics providing guidance and rules following the announcement of the relaxation of lockdown restrictions, more information can be found on the Return of athletics and running following UK Government roadmap page.
One of the key items the Committee have had to work on is a Covid-19 Action Plan and Risk Assessment which is available on the club website. Please do take the time to review this to ensure you are aware of the contents.
The Committee will continue to monitor guidance and government advice to ensure we adhere to the rules set out and maintain a Covid safe environment for members. If you have any questions please email [email protected]