Speed/interval training - w/c 20 April
Hi all, I hope you are all well and recovering from your 5k burn ups!
Here is a tasty session for this week, to do on the usual Wednesday evening or whenever you wish! Just be sure to plan in a rest or recovery day after the session
Warm Up (at least 1 mile easy), dynamic stretches, drills & a few strides
2 sets of:
- 1 mile @ current 10k pace - 1:30 walk recovery
- 1 x 800m (~0.5 mile)@ between 5k - 10k pace - 1:30 walk recovery
- 2 x 400m (~0.25 mile) @ current 5k pace - 1:30 walk recovery
- 2 minutes of full recovery after sets 1 & 2
- 4 x 30 seconds @ as close to your Mile pace as your legs will allow!
- This is not a sprint, be realistic and try and hold a pace that you could for a Mile race. Recovery of at least 90 seconds between each rep but take as long as you need
Cool down jog and stretch.
For the stopwatch only crew your version is:
2 sets of:
- 1 x 6:30
- 1 x 3:15
- 2 x 1:30 minutes
- 4 x 30 seconds, paces and recoveries as above
Be sensible, listen to your body and ease off/cut the session short if you feel any niggles. Train alone & keep your distance from others! Report back and let us know how it went!
Enjoy and stay safe