Cotswold Way Relay
The Cotswold Way Relay is an annual event hosted by Team Bath Athletic Club, usually on the last Saturday in June, and is a highlight of the running calendar year.
The 102 mile route is completed by teams of 10 people, with each team member running a leg ranging from 7 to 13 miles. The race is operated as 10 back-to-back races, starting each stage with a mass start at the expected arrival time of the 1st runner from the previous stage. The first team member sets off from Chipping Campden at 7am. The last team member leaves Cold Ashton at 5pm, heading for the finish in Bath.
A firm favourite with our members, the club usually enters 3 teams. However, the event has a limit of 100 teams, so if the race is oversubscribed the organisers may limit the number of teams a club may enter.
The official Cotswold Relay website has full information about the competition, the route, downloadable maps and GPX files, and historical records.
Runners who have completed all 10 legs of the competition are awarded a King or Queen of the Cotswolds Plaque. The following club members have achieved this remarkable status:
- Amelia Mullins - Queen of the Cotswold 29/06/2019
- Billy Bradshaw - King of the Cotswold 03/07/2021
- Jon Howes - King of the Cotswold 03/07/2021
The table below includes all CWR results since the club first entered teams into the competition in June 2011. Members may find it useful in planning their route to becoming King or Queen of the Cotswold.
Use the search box to filter results:
- ‘leg1’, ‘leg2’ etc. to display only a certain leg - use ‘legx’ for leg 10
- ‘2011’, ‘2021’ etc. for a specific year
- results include partial matches in all columns e.g. ‘ll’ will match ‘JJ Willson’ and ‘Ebley Mill’
- results include partial matches and any order e.g. ‘how jo’ will match ‘Jon Howes’
- searches are case-insensitive e.g. ‘chip’ and ‘CHIP’ both match ‘Chipping’